LaGuardia Airport is beginning a multi-billion-dollar redevelopment program to completely reimagine your travel experience. Passengers will continue to travel through LaGuardia during the airport’s construction period. Parking will be limited and some roads will be closed or detoured. Customers are urged to leave additional travel time and find other means of getting to the airport. Traveling during construction can be challenging and we appreciate your patience as we work to build an exceptional airport.
Stay informed about the latest conditions at the airport, visit our alerts page
LGA On The Move
October 20, 2017
- On Saturday, December 9, 2017, six airlines – American Airlines, American Shuttle, Delta Shuttle, JetBlue, Alaska Airlines, Frontier Airlines, and Spirit Airlines – relocate terminals at LaGuardia Airport. For more information visit LGA On The Move.
Central Terminal Building (CTB) Departure Level Nightly Closure
October 19, 2017
- Beginning Thursday, October 19 to Sunday, October 22, from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM, the CTB Departures Level access ramp from LaGuardia Road will be closed. All Bus Services will be moved to the CTB Lower Level (Arrivals).
- CTB Departures Level access from the Grand Central Parkway (GCP) Flyover will remain open.
LaGuardia Road Nightly Lane Closures
October 13, 2017
- Beginning Friday, October 13 to Friday, October 20, from 11:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M., there will be nightly alternating lane closures on LaGuardia Road.
- All traffic will be diverted to the Grand Central Parkway (GCP) Westbound connection.
East Bound Grand Central Parkway (GCP) Exit Closures Nightly
October 9, 2017
- Beginning Tuesday, October 10, 2017 through Saturday, October 14, 2017 between 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM, the east bound exits from the GCP will be closed.
- Detours will be set up to bypass the closures. PAPD will be onsite for traffic management.
Hourly Parking Permanent Closure and C & D Wait Area Relocated
October 7, 2017
- Hourly Parking is permanently closed to public parkers in the Hourly Parking / C & D Wait Area Lot due to LaGuardia Airport redevelopment.
- The C & D Wait Area has relocated to the Daily Parking Lot.
- On airport parking is available in the Daily Parking and Long-Term Parking Lots.
Virgin America and Alaska Airlines
August 27, 2017
- Due to Virgin America and Alaska Airlines’ merger, the Virgin America brand has been retired at LaGuardia Airport and the Alaska Airlines brand has been adopted.
- Virgin America travelers now use Alaska Airlines check-in stations and gates for flights in Terminal B, Concourse C.
New Traffic Pattern on Westbound Grand Central Parkway
August 20, 2017
- A new traffic pattern is in effect for motorists traveling westbound on the Grand Central Parkway to LaGuardia Airport.
- For direct access to Terminal B and 94th Street use the new Exit 6 and for Terminals C and D ONLY use Exit 7.
- No thru-traffic to Terminal B and 94th Street will be available from Exit 7.
July 7, 2017
- Valet service is no longer available in Long-Term Parking. Parkers can self-park in a designated space within the lot.
Car Services Pick-up Area Hours of Operation
May 19, 2017
- Beginning Saturday, May 20, 2017, Terminal B Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Car passenger pick-up is located on the Departures Level after 10:00 PM.
- Between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM Terminal B Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Car passenger pick-up returns to the pick-up area accessible by the Green Route Shuttle Bus.
- Terminal B customers can meet their ride by taking the Green Route Shuttle Bus for a short 5-minute ride from passenger pick-up 11B on the arrivals level.
Shuttle Bus Wait Time
April 25, 2017
- Now Arriving. Real-time arrival information for LaGuardia Airport’s Red, Blue, Green and Purple Route Shuttle Bus is here.
Taxi Stand Relocation
February 13, 2017
- The taxi stand for Terminal B has been relocated to the west side, closest to Concourse D – American Airlines, on the arrivals level of the terminal. Please follow signs for Taxi.
Rental Car Shuttle Pick-Up and Drop-Off Relocated
November 15, 2016
- All Rental Car Shuttles now pick-up and drop-off customers in front of Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal) in the Rental Car Shuttle Transfer Point.
- Travelers can take the free airport shuttle Blue or Red Route to Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal) to connect with shuttle buses for Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty car rental facilities.