LaGuardia Airport is beginning a multi-billion-dollar redevelopment program to completely reimagine your travel experience. Passengers will continue to travel through LaGuardia during the airport’s construction period. Parking will be limited and some roads will be closed or detoured. Customers are urged to leave additional travel time and find other means of getting to the airport. Traveling during construction can be challenging and we appreciate your patience as we work to build an exceptional airport.
Stay informed about the latest conditions at the airport, visit our alerts page
New Flyover Steel Erection Phased Roadway Closures Including the Grand Central Parkway
September 22, 2017
- Saturday, September 23, starting at 10:00 PM through Sunday, September 24, ending at 6:00 AM, the steel erection over the Grand Central Parkway (GCP) takes place. This work happens in phases and includes full intermittent closures of the GCP.
- Phase 1: At 10:00 PM – LaGuardia Access Road at 102nd Street Bridge closes. This requires all traffic to proceed to the roadway between Terminals C and D to exit the airport.
- Phase 2: At 10:30 PM – GCP Westbound: single right lane closure, including Exit 6. GCP Eastbound: single left lane closure.
- Phase 3: At 12:00 AM – GCP Westbound: two right lane closures. GCP Eastbound: two left lane closures.
- Phase 4: At 2:00 AM – GCP Westbound: full closure for 15 minutes, followed by intermittent full closures from 2:00 AM to 5:00 AM.
Hourly Parking / C & D Wait Area Permanent Closure
September 19, 2017
- Hourly Parking will permanently close by mid-October to public parkers in the Hourly Parking / C & D Wait Area Lot due to LaGuardia Airport redevelopment.
- The C & D Wait Area relocates to the Daily Parking Lot.
- On airport parking is available in the Daily Parking and Long-Term Parking Lots.
Virgin America and Alaska Airlines
August 27, 2017
- Due to Virgin America and Alaska Airlines’ merger, the Virgin America brand has been retired at LaGuardia Airport and the Alaska Airlines brand has been adopted.
- Virgin America travelers now use Alaska Airlines check-in stations and gates for flights in Terminal B, Concourse C.
New Traffic Pattern on Westbound Grand Central Parkway
August 20, 2017
- A new traffic pattern is in effect for motorists traveling westbound on the Grand Central Parkway to LaGuardia Airport.
- For direct access to Terminal B and 94th Street use the new Exit 6 and for Terminals C and D ONLY use Exit 7.
- No thru-traffic to Terminal B and 94th Street will be available from Exit 7.
July 7, 2017
- Valet service is no longer available in Long-Term Parking. Parkers can self-park in a designated space within the lot.
Car Services Pick-up Area Hours of Operation
May 19, 2017
- Beginning Saturday, May 20, 2017, Terminal B Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Car passenger pick-up is located on the Departures Level after 10:00 PM.
- Between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM Terminal B Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Car passenger pick-up returns to the pick-up area accessible by the Green Route Shuttle Bus.
- Terminal B customers can meet their ride by taking the Green Route Shuttle Bus for a short 5-minute ride from passenger pick-up 11B on the arrivals level.
Shuttle Bus Wait Time
April 25, 2017
- Now Arriving. Real-time arrival information for LaGuardia Airport’s Red, Blue, Green and Purple Route Shuttle Bus is here.
Taxi Stand Relocation
February 13, 2017
- The taxi stand for Terminal B has been relocated to the west side, closest to Concourse D – American Airlines, on the arrivals level of the terminal. Please follow signs for Taxi.
Rental Car Shuttle Pick-Up and Drop-Off Relocated
November 15, 2016
- All Rental Car Shuttles now pick-up and drop-off customers in front of Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal) in the Rental Car Shuttle Transfer Point.
- Travelers can take the free airport shuttle Blue or Red Route to Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal) to connect with shuttle buses for Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty car rental facilities.