Metered taxi service is available at all LaGuardia Airport terminal buildings.
SAFETY TIP: Soliciting ground transportation is illegal and solicitors can be unlicensed and uninsured. If you’re unsure about a taxi or car service, please visit the Port Authority Welcome Center located in the arrivals area of each terminal, where uniformed staff will be happy to assist you.
Here is some helpful information when taking a taxi from LaGuardia Airport:
- Tipping is customary for good service
- There is a $1.00 peak-time surcharge for trips from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays
- There is a $.50 surcharge for trips from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily. There is also a NY State tax of $.50 added to trips within New York, but not for trips to New Jersey.
- One fare pays for all passengers to one destination
- Four passengers (five in minivans) is the limit for New York City cabs
- Meter must read $3.00 at the start of the trip
Taxis are regulated by the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission. Please contact them with rate questions, compliments, complaints or lost property: NYC.gov/tlc or call 311.